Have I said how much I love the fall season in the states? Yes, I think I have.. but let me count the ways.
1. Flannel and the color red.
2. Fresh, crisp apples.
3. Leggings and Black boots that add 3-4 inches to my 5’3 frame.
4. Pumpkin- oatmeal, pie, yogurt, bread, muffins, you catch my drift.
5. Roasted fall vegetables. *Roasted butternut squash for a soup that I am making tomorrow.*
Sorry for the flash, it was too dark in my apartment.
6. Broccoli, supposedly it’s peak season is from October to April. Thanks google.
7. Bagel Bites
Wait.. that’s not fallspired (fall+inspired) but it was a delicious dinner tonight. I toasted 2 pieces of whole wheat toast and topped with marinara sauce, black beans and some cheddar cheese and baked the “bagel bites” in the oven until the cheese was melted. This blew my expectations away and was quite good. We are trying to clean out our fridge since we won’t be in Charlotte for awhile so you will probably see some weird, creative meals the next few days.
So, I think it can be concluded that I am pretty much in love with the fall season. I love waking up in the morning to a chilly apartment and warming up with a cup of hot coffee. Going for a run with goosebumps that quickly disappear. Feeling the crisp air and watching the trees change to vibrant, beautiful colors. Amazing.
Hell’s Kitchen Finale!!!